Saturday, August 25, 2007

Cameras I wouldn't advise taking to Canadian demonstrations - Number 427...


The legendary
Zenit Photosniper...


Hmmm... that's a whole lot of camera


and, yes, they're still available - collapsible stock and all

Admittedly, for similar money you could buy a Japanese digital camera with an image-stabilised lens with 50% more reach that fits in your pocket. But it wouldn't include parts that are cross-compatible with Kalashnikovs, still work even if you poured a bucket of mud in the mechanism or have that oily, tank-factory smell, reminiscent of five year plans, that comes as standard with all Russian-made optical equipment

Go on. You know you want one

.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a young Vlad Putin in the promo photo (before retouching tech reached the Soviet Onion)?

Stef said...

It could be

I remember reading in Pravda some time back that he was no stranger to holding enormous weapons

Shahid said...

Oh that's awesome. I gotta have me one of those. Your description turned me on, which is worrying...

Shahid said...

Blimey, only £115!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you got one Stef?

Stef said...

not for a long time now

in photography, as with so many passtimes, I've discovered that wider is better than longer

Stef said...

the low-cost, retro, paramilitary chic is drawing me though

Shahid said...

" low-cost, retro, paramilitary chic is drawing me though"

Yeah, that's what gets me, and the retro-commie-stakhanovite-build description you gave...

Stef said...

I do, however, retain a couple of much smaller examples of Leningrad's outstanding contributions to the world of high-quality, if somewhat heavy, optics

And they have the same build quality and, above all, smell as the Photosniper

If you're very good I'll let you sniff them one of these days

Shahid said...

Oh GOD YES!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

digital can suck my goonads.
im going to get me one of those sniper setups- I'm going to scratch crosses in my "bullets" and wear a fedora with a lil calling card that says "press" or "2 shillings and sixpence."(insert alice in wonderland CORRECT wording)You can stuff your new physics.me and sniper rifle will show you the TRUTH or I'll be neoconfetti...me and my old fashioned "gse art" will trump your nuevo gscse or my name isn't errol flynns smaller cocked son in vietnam.
did I tell you yet that the wolf fish is itching to take over and rachel north is a twat?No? oh well...who fuggin cares anyway.
sorry-I should have made that clear.I'm a very baad drunk.