Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Video recommendations of the week

A couple of examples of how far video editing technology has come, or hasn't come, since I don't know, say 1969 or July 7th 2005...

From Antagonist's blog a link to a clip of the definitely dead Bob Monkhouse making a charity appeal not so much from beyond his grave as next to it...



(I've always had a problem with what isn't said on those 7/7 'confession' videos and am not sure that there's any need for sceptics to invoke technical trickery. Bob's post mortem appeal does, however, show what is possible)



And the video of Rammstein's Amerika which I have to admit had me pissing myself, a lot...

Nice Pyramid...
(Lyrics here)

All together now


We're all living in Amerika. Amerika ist wonderbra...




(I should mention that's there's a shed load more going on in that Rammstein video than might first meet the eye. One example, if you do watch it, is the contrast between the nicely defined boot print left by the 'astronaut' on the lunar surface and the not so nicely defined footprint left by the guy walking on dry sand a little later on in the video. There are plenty of others. Genius...)


.

No comments: