Tuesday, February 08, 2005

UK Mass Immigration (again)

.
I have not posted for a couple of days now. Partly because I have been attending gala premieres, water-skiing and walking around Peckham but mostly because I have been mentally constipated by one particular issue that has been clogging the news lately. After much effort I have finally managed to pinch-off an enormous, ciabatta-sized mental dump. Apologies if it smells …
.
Strolling around the boundaries of my 'manor' a few days ago I noticed that two new Giros Internationales shops have opened nearby in the last few weeks. Giros Internationales stores have been sprouting like mushrooms around London recently. For a moderate commission, they wire cash around the World; not too many questions asked. It is a lucrative business. Offering as it does a rather convenient way to transfer undeclared income; derived either from honest work, crime or social security, back to the home country. It is money laundering and the business is flourishing under our noses.
.
.
Today, I've just listened on the radio to the UK Home Secretary explaining the latest five year plan to tackle immigration and immigration abuse in this country. Throughout the whole talk I kept thinking about all those Giros Internationales shops.
.
Immigration has recently overtaken Iraq as the No.1 news story in the UK.
.
But, at the end of the day, does migration really matter? London is the focal point of migration into the UK and more people have always died in London than have been born here. This city has always required a steady supply of fresh meat to sustain itself. Does the ethnicity of the twelve million people who eat, screw and die within its boundaries really matter? ...
.
(If you're curious to know the answer to this question I've posted the rest of this entry here ...
.
.
... on account of it being way too long for inclusion in a blog, even by my hugemungous standards)
.

No comments: